Today’s focus: Gray hair with a Bold Lip.
This look took highlighting gray hair with a bold lip took about five minutes total but has impact, for sure. I love a red or berry lip with silver hair.
We lose contrast between our skin and hair as we age, and a bold lip can be just the thing you need. I now wear colors I wouldn’t have dreamed of wearing back when I was a brunette. It is just one of the benefits that have come from ditching the dye and it is so much fun.
All Products used today for this simple over-40 makeup look with a bold lip are non-toxic, and cruelty-free.
I used 7 products for this look.
For today’s simple look I used:
- Skin Twin Featherlight Foundation in light 230
- Skin Twin Creamy Concealer in light 1
- I use the Better Beauty Blender to apply my foundation and concealer. I use it damp for perfect. flawless coverage.
- Cream Blush in Hibiscus for cheeks (applied with fingertips).
- Thrive Mascara
- Eyebrow pencil in light
- Cream Eyeshadow from Ilia. They have amazing cream shadows and Beautycounter has some coming soon!
- Lip Intense in Twilight. I usually wear lipgloss or a lip sheer, but sometimes I like a more saturated color. Lip Intense is the first long-wearing, one-swipe lipstick by Beautycounter.
Lip Intense description from the website: Eight shades ranging from naturally nude to intense red deliver the rich color payoff and luxe satin finish you want, with the safety you deserve. Creamy formula moisturizes so lips feel soft and smooth, never dry and uncomfortable. Natural peppermint oil delivers a subtly refreshing flavor.
Want to make some makeup changes but feel overwhelmed?
I know color selection can be challenging, so thankfully there are resources on the website to help, like the shade finder resource, and the Flawless in Five set, which is how I got started, walks you through foundation, concealer, blush, and gloss suggestions. You can see my Flawless in Five picks here.
Did you know I offer consultations?
I am happy to help anytime. Just choose a time to get started.
Are you inspired to go bold? I hope so.
Leave a Reply